think2perform Research Institute’s Research Fellowship (RF) program supports doctoral candidates, post-docs and junior faculty for a self-defined research project in moral-intelligence, purpose, or emotional intelligence.
Once selected, think2perform RESEARCH INSTITUTE Research Fellows receive the following benefits:
- $3-5,000 research grant, depending on scope of project
- Website and Social media recognition
- Publication opportunities, including a personal profile and summary of findings
- Conference presentation opportunities and funding
- Professional network development
- Be a doctoral candidate, post doc, or junior faculty at an accredited university or college.
- Be in good standing with your university.
- Complete a well-defined research proposal.
- Complete application requirements by deadline.
Proposals are accepted twice each year:
January 15, 2023 (US Central Time): Application submission deadline
February 2023: t2pRI Research Fellows will be announced
February 2023 – January 2024 or June 2024: Award period
June 1, 2023 (US Central Time): Application submission deadline
July 2023: t2pRI Research Fellows will be announced
July 2023 – June 2024 or December 2024: Award period
Application and Evaluation Criteria
Our foundational research program is appropriate for junior faculty, post-docs, and doctoral students who are developing new research in emotional intelligence, moral intelligence, and purpose for practical use in management and the workplace, and/or in career development and training in the business and non-profit sectors.
- Must be a current doctoral student, post-doc or faculty member with an accredited higher education institution.
- The research must advance leadership through practical applications of emotional intelligence, moral intelligence, and purpose.
- The research must apply and be relevant for leaders in businesses and non-profits.
- Candidates are eligible for grants of $3,000 to $5,000. Funding may be applied to direct costs of research and collaboration, including time, travel, data collection and analytics.
- Each Research Fellow will be profiled on t2pRI’s website and receive recognition in t2pRI’s social media.
- After completing the research, each Research Fellow will be eligible to submit an article summarizing his/her findings for publication on t2pRI’s website and promoted through t2pRI’s social media channels.
Research should culminate in:
- A summary of findings, including recommendations for practical application.
- A presentation of research findings tot2pRI’s Board of Directors.
- Upon request, a written contribution to t2pRI’s Social Impact Paper Series for publication on the t2pRI website.
- Upon request, a profile and summary in t2pRI’s social media.
- Upon request, a presentation of findings at a t2pRI conference.
The application for the Research Fellowship consists of the following elements:
- A 3-5 page proposal describing the research, including background, significance, brief summary of relevant literature, review summary, research question, methods, and expected practical applications and timeline.
- A two page project bibliography.
- Abbreviated CV including most relevant past publications, two pages maximum.
- A proposed budget for the research
- Two references able to speak to the quality of the proposer’s research agenda.
Demonstrated excellence of applicant and proposed research project, including:
- Applicant body of work and alignment with t2pRI interest areas.
- Project quality, including intellectual merit and contribution to the field.
- Anticipated practical application of the findings to organizations, including businesses and nonprofits, and individuals wishing to develop their leadership.
- Proposed use of funds.
Application Submission Process:
Applications should be submitted to Executive Director Brian Hammer, PhD at email@example.com by the specified deadline date.
Only completed applications will be reviewed. The review process consists of two steps:
1. The completed application will be reviewed and ranked by the t2pRI Fellowship Review Committee, consisting of members of the t2pRI Board of Directors.
2. Highly-ranked applicants will be invited to interview with the t2pRI Fellowship Review Committee.
A final decision will be made on the basis of the above two steps.
Recommended Background Information For Proposals:
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review the seminal works of t2pRI Board Members and Special Advisors, including:
For more information about current and former Research Fellowship recipients and their research, please visit our Research Fellows and Projects page.
For more information about the Research Fellowship, please contact:
Brian Hammer, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 612.843-5017